In this recipe, you’ll discover how to make a mouthwatering Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake from scratch. You’ll not only learn the step-by-step process but also explore its nutritional information, and some helpful serving suggestions to ensure a perfect outcome every time you make this amazing vegan dessert.
Vegan Chocolate Lava CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
Give in to the delicious temptation of vegan chocolate lava cake. Its gooey, rich chocolate center makes every bite a delight, perfect for any event. Dive into pure indulgence and fulfill your sweet desires with this heavenly treat.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
Fresh berries (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease four ramekins or oven-safe bowls with a little vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- Place the chopped vegan dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until it’s completely melted and smooth.
- Add half of the melted chocolate to the cake batter and gently fold it in until well incorporated.
- Divide the remaining melted chocolate among the prepared ramekins, pouring it into the center of each one.
- Spoon the cake batter over the melted chocolate in the ramekins, covering it completely.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and transfer them to the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cakes are set but the centers are still slightly jiggly.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edges of each cake to loosen them from the ramekins. Place a plate on top of each ramekin, then flip it upside down to release the cake onto the plate. Be cautious as the ramekins will be hot.
- Dust the cakes with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
- Serve the vegan chocolate lava cakes immediately while they’re still warm. The center should be soft and gooey.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan chocolate lava cake!
- Enhance the flavor by adding a hint of espresso or a pinch of sea salt for a tantalizing twist to the vegan chocolate lava cake.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Note: The nutritional values provided below are approximate and may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used. They are calculated using nutritional calculators based on the ingredients in the recipe.
➤ Show Full Nutrition Label
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories320
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 150mg 7%
- Potassium 0mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 25g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Total Time to Make Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
The total time for this recipe is approximately 45 minutes. This includes both the preparation time and the baking time. The preparation time takes around 15 minutes, during which you’ll gather the ingredients, mix the batter, and prepare any necessary equipment. The majority of the time is dedicated to the baking process, which takes approximately 30 minutes in the oven. It’s important to note that the total time may vary slightly depending on individual cooking speeds and oven performance. However, with just under an hour of your time, you’ll be able to indulge in a delicious vegan chocolate lava cake that’s worth every minute spent in the kitchen.
Serving Suggestions for Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
Here’s how to jazz up your vegan chocolate lava cake:
Elegant Dusting: Sprinkle powdered sugar on the cakes, then up the game with fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries. The colors pop and the berries add a zesty kick.
Cool Creamy Combo: Level up with dairy-free ice cream. Vanilla, coconut, or almond flavors rock with the warm cake. That hot-cold mashup is a treat for the senses.
Nutty Swirl: Get fancy with nut butter. Drizzle almond, peanut, or hazelnut butter for a creamy, nutty twist. It’s a perfect match for the deep chocolate taste.
Fluffy Bliss: Go luxurious with vegan whipped cream. Coconut cream or store-bought options work. The fluffy texture is a dream with the gooey center.
Sauce Sensation: Add extra oomph with dessert sauce. Caramel, chocolate ganache, or raspberry coulis – they all dive into the cake’s lava. It’s a flavor symphony.
With these ideas, your vegan chocolate lava cake gets a gourmet makeover. Take your pick and enjoy the dessert magic!
Dietary Information for Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
Adding a small scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top of the warm, gooey vegan chocolate lava cake can create a delightful contrast in temperatures and textures. The cold, creamy ice cream pairs perfectly with the rich, molten center, creating a heavenly combination that will satisfy your sweet cravings. Feel free to experiment with different flavors of vegan ice cream or even try a fruit sorbet for a refreshing twist. Indulge in this dessert while it’s still warm and enjoy the harmonious dance of flavors and sensations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can experiment with alternative flours such as whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour blends, but keep in mind that it may slightly alter the texture and taste of the cake.
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute almond milk with soy milk, oat milk, or any other plant-based milk of your choice. Just ensure it’s unsweetened and unflavored for the best results.
It’s not recommended to prepare the batter in advance as the leavening agents may lose their effectiveness over time. It’s best to bake the cakes immediately after mixing the batter for the perfect texture.
Yes, you can freeze the baked lava cakes by tightly wrapping them in plastic wrap or storing them in airtight containers. Thaw and reheat them gently in the oven or microwave before serving.
While it won’t provide the same molten center, you can try using cocoa powder instead of chocolate. However, you’ll need to adjust the proportions and add a bit more liquid to the batter to compensate for the lack of melted chocolate.
Yes, you can experiment with alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar. Keep in mind that different sweeteners may affect the texture and taste of the cake, so it’s best to follow a trusted recipe specifically designed for the sweetener you choose.
In short, this vegan chocolate lava cake is a delicious treat for vegans. Swap out usual ingredients for plant-based ones to enjoy the oozy center and chocolatey taste. Whether you’re a vegan pro or just trying plant-based, this recipe satisfies your sweet tooth while being kind to animals and the planet. Get ready, follow the steps, and relish a warm, heavenly vegan chocolate lava cake that’ll make you want another bite.