In this recipe, you’ll discover how to create a delicious Paleo Banana Bread from scratch. Not only will you learn the step-by-step process, but you’ll also explore the nutritional information, and helpful serving suggestions to ensure a perfect outcome every time you make this paleo banana bread recipe.
Paleo Banana Bread RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This Paleo Banana Bread recipe offers a delicious and healthier twist on the classic treat. Made with ripe bananas, almond flour, and natural sweeteners, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with flavor. Enjoy it as a nourishing breakfast or a guilt-free snack.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3 large eggs
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Optional toppings: sliced bananas, chopped nuts, or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until they form a smooth puree.
- Add the eggs, almond butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the mashed bananas. Mix well until all the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dry ingredient mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined and you have a thick batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
- If desired, fold in any optional toppings such as sliced bananas, chopped nuts, or dark chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top and ensure even distribution.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the banana bread is baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Paleo Banana Bread!
- To enhance this recipe, you can experiment with adding a variety of mix-ins such as chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, or a hint of cinnamon for added texture and flavor.
Nutritional Value per serving (approximate)
Calculating precise nutritional values for homemade recipes can be challenging as they may vary based on ingredient brands, portion sizes, and preparation methods. However, here is an approximate nutritional breakdown per serving for the Paleo Banana Bread recipe calculated using nutritional calculators:
➤ Show Full Nutrition Label
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories180
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 35mg 12%
- Sodium 150mg 7%
- Potassium 200mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Total Time to Make Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
The total time required for the Paleo banana bread recipe is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. The total time includes both the preparation time and baking time and may vary based on individual cooking times and variations in recipe preparation. The calorie count provided is approximate and may vary depending on serving size and ingredient variations.
Serving Suggestions for Paleo Banana Bread
Paleo Banana Bread is like a chameleon – it fits so many moments. Here’s how to serve it up:
Breakfast Bliss: Start your day with a slice. Spread almond butter or coconut yogurt for more oomph. Add berries or honey for sweetness. Its moist goodness makes mornings awesome.
Snack Time: Cut it up for a quick snack. It keeps you fueled and full. Eat it alone or add nut butter for yumminess. Bananas’ sweetness keeps it healthy.
Dessert Magic: Turn it into dessert heaven. Warm it up and pair it with dairy-free vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream. It’s a mix of warm and cold, and you can add dark chocolate or nuts for extra luxury.
Tea Treat: Share it over tea time. Make bite-sized pieces for easy munching. Try it with herbal tea or coffee. The subtle sweetness matches a relaxed tea session.
Special Moments: Lift up events with a special treat. Layer slices with coconut cream and fresh fruits. Top with coconut or nuts. Serve cold for a fancy and healthy delight.
Dietary Information for Paleo Banana Bread
When preparing this Paleo Banana Bread, remember that the ripeness of the bananas is key to achieving the best flavor. Look for bananas with brown spots on the peel, as they will provide natural sweetness and moistness to the bread. Additionally, feel free to get creative with the optional toppings, such as sliced bananas, nuts, or dark chocolate chips, to add an extra burst of flavor and texture. Enjoy this wholesome and satisfying bread as a nutritious breakfast, a delightful snack, or a guilt-free dessert option.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s best to stick to almond flour and coconut flour in this recipe for the desired texture and flavor. Alternative flours may result in different outcomes.
It’s preferable to use ripe bananas as they provide natural sweetness and moisture. Frozen bananas can alter the texture and may require adjustments to the recipe.
The almond butter adds richness and flavor to the bread, but you can experiment with other nut butter if desired. Keep in mind that it may slightly affect the taste and consistency.
Allow the bread to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or refrigerate for a longer shelf life. Freezing is also an option for extended storage.
Since eggs play a crucial role in the structure and binding of the bread, it’s challenging to directly replace them in this recipe. However, you can try using flax or chia eggs as an experimental alternative.
Yes, you can adjust the sweetness to your preference. Ripe bananas already provide natural sweetness, but if you prefer less sweet bread, you can reduce or omit the added sweetener altogether.
Absolutely! Feel free to customize your Paleo Banana Bread by adding ingredients like raisins, shredded coconut, or even spices like nutmeg or ginger. Just be mindful of the overall proportions and adjust the baking time if necessary.
In conclusion, this Paleo Banana Bread recipe offers a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional banana bread. With its nutrient-rich ingredients, gluten-free and grain-free options, lower sugar content, and the freedom to customize with optional toppings, this bread is a delightful treat for any occasion. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert, this Paleo Banana Bread will satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track with your dietary goals. Give it a try and indulge in a moist, flavorful, and guilt-free slice of goodness!