With this delicious Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon recipe, I’ll show you how to make delicious Seafood from scratch. With fresh salmon fillets, tangy lemon juice, and fragrant garlic, you can go on a cooking adventure that ends with flavorful, perfectly grilled salmon. Get ready to wow your taste buds with this easy recipe that tastes great.
Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
Elevate your dining experience with our Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon recipe. Juicy salmon fillets are marinated in a zesty blend of fresh lemon juice and garlic, and then perfectly grilled to flaky perfection. Bursting with flavor and easy to prepare, this dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oil them to prevent the salmon from sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, juice of one lemon, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to make a marinade.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish or a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the salmon, making sure each fillet is evenly coated. Allow the salmon to marinate for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While the salmon is marinating, cut the second lemon into slices. These will be used for grilling and garnishing.
- Once the grill is heated, place the marinated salmon fillets on the grill, skin side down. Discard any excess marinade.
- Grill the salmon for about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. You can gently lift the edge of the salmon with a spatula to check if it’s cooked. The salmon should be opaque and easily flake with a fork when it’s done.
- During the last 2 minutes of grilling, place the lemon slices on the grill as well. This will add a nice charred flavor and can be used as a garnish.
- Once the salmon is cooked through, carefully remove it from the grill and transfer it to a serving platter or individual plates. Squeeze the grilled lemon slices over the salmon to add some extra citrus flavor.
- Garnish the salmon with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your delicious Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon! It pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad.
- Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such as dill or parsley, to enhance the flavors and elevate the taste of your Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon.
Total Time to Make Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon
The total time is approximately 30 minutes, allowing you to enjoy a flavorful and nutritious meal without spending excessive time in the kitchen. The preparation time is around 10 minutes, which includes gathering and prepping the ingredients, marinating the salmon, and preheating the grill. The cooking time is approximately 20 minutes, during which the salmon is grilled to perfection, ensuring a tender and moist result.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
➤ Show Full Nutrition Label
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories350
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 85mg 29%
- Sodium 450mg 19%
- Potassium 0mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 32g 64%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Dietary Information for Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon
Adding a chef’s touch to this Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon recipe, I highly recommend using fresh ingredients for the marinade, such as freshly squeezed lemon juice and minced garlic. These simple yet vibrant flavors will elevate the taste of the dish. Additionally, don’t shy away from experimenting with different herbs and spices to customize the marinade according to your preferences. Remember, grilling time may vary based on the thickness of the salmon fillets, so keep a close eye on them to achieve that perfect flaky texture. Lastly, be sure to serve the grilled salmon immediately to fully enjoy its moistness and flavors. Happy grilling!
Frequently Asked Questions
While fresh salmon is recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen salmon as well. Thaw it completely before marinating and grilling to ensure even cooking.
Yes, if you don’t have access to a grill, you can use a grill pan on the stovetop or an oven set to broil. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, and make sure to preheat the pan or oven before cooking the salmon.
Absolutely! If you prefer the tangy flavor of lime, you can substitute it for the lemon in this recipe. Lime and garlic also make a fantastic flavor combination with grilled salmon.
While marinating the salmon for a longer period may seem tempting, it’s best to marinate for 15-20 minutes to avoid the texture of the fish becoming mushy due to the acidity of the lemon juice.
Yes, you can use skinless salmon fillets for this recipe. However, grilling the salmon with the skin on helps to keep it moist and prevents it from sticking to the grill grates. If using skinless fillets, take extra care when flipping them to avoid breaking them apart.
In conclusion, the Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon recipe is a delightful and healthy dish that showcases the flavors of lemon, garlic, and grilled salmon. So fire up the grill, gather your ingredients, and enjoy the mouthwatering experience of delicious seafood.