Grilled Chicken Breast is a healthy and delicious main course option that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. In this recipe, you are going to learn how to make the best Grilled Chicken Breast from Scratch.
Grilled Chicken BreastCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Grilled Chicken Breast is a healthy and delicious main course option that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Marinated in a blend of flavorful spices, this dish is juicy and full of flavor. Grilling the chicken to perfection adds a smoky charred taste that makes it a crowd-pleaser. It’s a simple recipe that’s easy to make and is sure to be a hit with everyone.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and use your hands to massage the marinade into the chicken, making sure it’s evenly coated.
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- When the grill is hot, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled chicken breast with your favorite sides, such as grilled vegetables, salad, or potatoes.
- Enjoy your delicious and juicy grilled chicken breast!
- You can elevate the flavor of Grilled Chicken Breast by experimenting with different marinades or adding fresh herbs and spices to the recipe.
Nutritional Value per serving (approximate)
Note: The nutritional information is calculated using nutritional calculators based on the ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. Here’s the nutritional information for one serving of Grilled Chicken Breast (assuming a serving size of 4 ounces or 113 grams):
➤ Show Full Nutrition Label
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories173
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 84mg 29%
- Sodium 447mg 19%
- Potassium 0mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 1%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 31.5g 63%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Total Time to Make Grilled Chicken Breast
The total time required for the Grilled Chicken Breast recipe is approximately 30-40 minutes. This includes both the preparation time and the cooking time. The preparation time involves marinating the chicken for at least 30 minutes, which allows the flavors to permeate the meat and make it more tender. The actual cooking time for the chicken on the grill or in the oven may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, but typically takes around 15-25 minutes. Overall, this recipe can be made relatively quickly and is a great option for a healthy and flavorful meal.
Serving Suggestions for Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled chicken breast is like a blank canvas ready for creativity. Here’s how to serve it up:
Salad Sensation: Toss that grilled chicken onto a bed of greens. Chop it up and mix it with veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. A drizzle of vinaigrette makes it a healthy and tasty meal.
Veggie Harmony: Match it up with grilled veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. Toss them with olive oil and herbs, then serve alongside the chicken for a complete feast.
Rice or Quinoa Mate: Pair it with a side of rice or quinoa. Spice up the grains with herbs and flavors, and serve alongside the chicken for a filling and wholesome dish.
Sandwich Adventure: Slide it into a sandwich! Layer with lettuce, tomato, and your favorite spreads for a quick and yummy meal on the go.
With these ideas, your Grilled Chicken Breast turns into a star in any dish you choose!
Dietary Information for Grilled Chicken Breast
Storage Tips for Grilled Chicken Breast
Keeping your grilled chicken breast fresh and safe is a must. Check out these storage tips:
Chill Time: After your grilled chicken breast cools down, tuck it into an airtight container and pop it in the fridge. Aim to enjoy it within 3-4 days of grilling.
Freeze for Later: Got extra? Freeze it! Store your grilled chicken in a container or bag safe for the freezer. It’s good to go for 2-3 months.
Heat it Up Right: When you’re ready to eat, reheat with care. Make sure it hits a safe 165°F (75°C) inside. Warm it in the microwave, oven, or on the stovetop.
To make sure your chicken turns out perfectly every time, make sure to marinate it for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Also, be sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and marinades to find your perfect flavor combination. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to make mouth-watering grilled chicken breast that will impress your family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. Just be aware that the cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly since thighs are typically thicker than chicken breasts.
It’s best to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but you can marinate it for up to 24 hours for even more flavor.
Yes, you can grill the chicken breast indoors using a grill pan. Just make sure to preheat the pan before adding the chicken, and be sure to cook it on both sides until it’s cooked through.
Yes, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh ones. Keep in mind that dried herbs are more concentrated, so use about half as much as you would with fresh herbs.
While it’s best to use fresh chicken breast, you can use frozen chicken breast if needed. Just make sure to thaw it completely before marinating and grilling.
Yes, you can use a different type of oil if you prefer. Avocado oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil are all good options.